Friday, May 29, 2009

End of the Rainbow

This evening we had a small rain storm come through and when I looked out the kitchen window, I saw that the end of the rainbow was right in the middle of the pasture so I grabbed the camera. We've not found that pot of gold or any leper cons running around yet but that's OK-we got a cool picture instead.

Really though--did you know that the rainbow is a sign of the promise made by God Almighty to Noah and us that He will never destroy the whole earth again by water like he did with the flood in days of Noah? The rainbow a reminder to Him and us.

God to Noah after he got off the ark:
"And God said , "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow apprears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9: 12-17

No comments: